Pernkun Tor Suath is crowned the Sports Authority of Thailand fighter of year for 2016
The current 115lb champion of Rajadamnern stadium has truly had an amazing 2016 and for the Rayong based fighter and it got even better today - Friday the 16th of December, when it was announced out at the headquarters of the national Sports authority of Thailand that Pernkun is the winner of their highly coveted award for MuayThai fighter of the year for 2016.
Pernkun is now on a ten fight winning steak.
He beat out MuangThai from PK Saenchai gym to win the accolade and in doing so top off a year so far that has seen him go 9-0 with all his victories taking place at the famed Rajadamnern stadium here in Bangkok.
Pernkun's final showdown of 2016 is a massive rematch with the boy wonder, Gingsanglek, which takes place next week at the fabled Rajadamnern stadium on the final Songchai show of 2016.
Pernkun's truly impressive fight record for December 2015 and 2016 is:
1. December 28th - Victory via a 5th round KO over Pethevada BSJ.Sungnern at 113lbs.
2. January 27th - Victory via points over Petmuangchon Por Suantong at 112lbs.
3. March 3rd - Victory via points over Petmuangchon Por Suantong at 112lbs.
4. April 6th - Victory via points over Suriyanlek OBT-Kampi at 115lbs.
5. May 4th - Victory via points over Roychueng Joynathavi at 116lbs.
6. June 9th - Victory via points over Pajanban Sor-Joe-Vichitpidrew at 114lbs.
7. July 21st - Victory via points over Phichitchai PK Saenchai gym at 115lbs.
8. September 14th - Victory via points over Phichitchai PK Saenchai gym.
9. October 13th - Victory via points over Gingsanglek Tor Laksong at 111.5lbs.
10. November 30th - Victory via points over Kumandoy Sor Jitpakdee at 117lbs.