Let me begin by saying I have personally advocated for many, many years for someone here in the Kingdom of Thailand to put on a properly run,
wholly English language based MuayThai instructors course — and well it looks like we might be onto a winner here.
Yes, there are a few around already — but in my opinion none can match the immense amount of planning and research that has gone into putting this course together and by cleverly bringing all the listed experts to collaborate as one entity, it truly looks like a properly developed curriculum that will educate.
The Sitsongpeenong Accredited Muaythai Instructior/Trainer Certification Course is an intensive 15 day course taught by 10 experts in their respective fields relating to the magnificent sport of Muaythai. It includes 15 subjects taught over 100 learning hours and covers all aspects of the sport a person seeking to be a qualified Instructor/Trainer should possess.
The dates for the first Muaythai Instructor/Trainer Certification Course will be from 13 - 28 May. But everybody needs to arrive and check in a day early because the course will start early morning on the 13th, so it's imperative that everyone arrived at the camp on or before the 12th of May. The final assessment, graduation and departure date will be on the 28th of May.
At this stage the cost of the course will be $2,000 USD or 70,000 baht plus accommodation depending on the number of students who register. The course will proceed at this price if there are a minimum of 5 persons. We will accept a maximum of 10 persons only for each class of the course which will be held in May and October this year.
The price of accommodation will depend on whether the students wants to stay in a single or twin share room. The cost of a 16 day stay is:
Single room - 16 days x 2,100 baht/day = 33,600 baht + 7% VAT = 35,952 baht
Twin room - 16 days x 1,450 baht/day = 23,200 baht + 7% VAT = 24,824 baht
So the total cost for the course plus accommodation should be around:
Single room - 70,000 baht + 35,952 baht = 105,952 baht or $3,027.5 USD
Twin share room - 70,000 baht + 24,824 baht = 94,824 baht or $2,709 USD
This will also include:
• Round trip Airport transfer
• Course Materials
• Muaythai Gear Package (shorts, shirts, hand wraps, gloves, shin guards)
• Visit the Muscle Factory Gym for classes on 2 days — including Transportation
• Trip to 1 event at Lumpinee Stadium —!including transportation
• Trip to 1 event at Rajadamnern Stadium — including transportation
• Trip to Thai Rath TV Fights — including transportation (for judging assessment)
• Farewell Dinner
Lecturers and Instructors
Muaythai Instructor/Trainer Certification Course
1. Mr. Vorasak Pakdeekam
- Director Board of Boxing Control, Sports Authority of Thailand. Referee/Judge at Rajadamnern Boxing Stadium.
2. Professor Anek Hongtongkam
- Former Chairman of Ring Officials for Channel 7 and WBC Muaythai.
3. Mr. Alex Sui
- A leading expert on the history of Muaythai.
4. Dr. Sawang Vithayapitaks
- Executive Committee of Rajaphat Muban Jombeang University Ph.D Muay Thai Studies and Head of department of Muay Thai Studies.
5. Ajarn Monlit Sitphodaeng
- Head Trainer at Sitsongpeenong Muaythai Camp. Trainer of multiple Champions (30+ years of experience)
6. Ajarn Jakkrit Fairtex
- Veteran of over 300+ fights. Trainer of multiple Champions (25+ years of experience)
7. Sagat Porntavee (Petchyindee)
- Former 3x Lumpinee Stadium and 3x Rajadamnern Stadium Champion. Multiple Muaythai and Kickboxing World Champion. Voted Best exponent of Wai Kru at both Lumpinee and Rajadamnern Stadiums 11 years in a row.
8. Mr. Bart Van Der Molen
- Nutritional Scientist. Former Mr. Universe 2004. Specialist strength and conditioning coach. Over 30+ years in the gym and fitness industry.
9. Mr. Richy Alvarez Huerta
- Holds a Masters Degree in Sports Science. Works predominately with combat sports athletes. Professional Muaythai Fighter.
10. Dr. Sutthichai Chokekijchai
- Holds residency at Bumrungrad and Ramkamhaeng Hospitals. Doctor at Lumpinee Stadium.
11. Mr. Timothy Dharmajiva
- Founder and Manager of Sitsongpeenong Muaythai Camp. Over 30+ years experience in the sport of Muaythai.
For further detailed information please email:
The link below is a detailed run-down on the daily routines:
Please note: Details are subject to change.